Sunday, May 24, 2009

project

I met Dan for the first time today at brunch. He's the research associate on the bednet project that I'm taking over. His last day in India was supposed to be the 31st but because of some complications he'll be staying a few extra weeks - bad news for him since he was looking forward to going back to the States, but good news for me!

He seems like a really cool guy - about my age and from DC. He's really down to earth and very very well read. I think I can learn a lot from him (and I know he's anxious for me to learn everything fast so he can leave!)

Here's a link to the project site - it's a really quick synopsis of the project. It's written from a field perspective with less "economics speak" than most academic papers.
http://ifmr.ac.in/cmf/research/tbn.html

My bag didn't come today - they say probably tomorrow...We'll go back to the airport to give them hell tomorrow if it doesn't come. Oh the joys of international travel - ha! Good thing I packed all the true essentials in my carry-on...you know they tell you to do that for a reason! I think the only stuff I'm really missing so far are my flip flops and chacos - it's a good thing Alex has let me borrow some sandals...size 9 though - I totally look like a clown, but it's definitely better than wearing tennis shoes.

I'm spending a few more days here in Chennai before going with Dan to Bhubaneswar. Here's a link to google maps to give you an idea about where I am and where I'm going.

2 comments:

  1. Kristin,
    So glad you made it safe and sound although sans luggage.
    I am looking forward to reading of your adventures.
    Leslie and I will be thinking of you this weekend as we hike the AT.
    Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love You! I miss hanging out with you already! - Jess H

    ReplyDelete