Saturday, May 23, 2009

backpack, where are you?

I made it here to Chennai safely this morning after 30 hours of travel - whew. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! The long flight was really fancy with tvs in every seat with free movies and tv shows - pretty entertaining. My flight into Chennai was delayed by over 3 hours so I got a chance to nap and read half of Twilight!

Unfortunately my checked bag didn't make it. I'm still not sure where it got lost or if it's in transit now, but they assure me I will have it tomorrow, whatever that's worth. It hasn't been too big of an issue yet. I bought some Indian shirts so I can have something to change into tomrrow and everything else is basically replaceable. But I did such an awesome job packing - it will really be a shame if it was all a waste ;-)

But I have my computer, passport and wallet, so I'm happy. Also the girl I'm staying with, Alex is really nice. She's the head of the intern program, from NY, and has been here for 8 months now. She's a great resource and has been telling me all sorts of advice all day.

I'll write more later this week. For now, it's time to go back to sleep - yah!

3 comments:

  1. im glad you made it there safely and the flight was not horrible! ill get the google phone thingy and try to call you soon or you can just let me know when you will be on skype. talk to you soon!
    crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWILIGHT! Hells Yes! That sucks you lost your bag :( I hope they find it! INDIA for REAL now :) AHHHHH sooooo awesome! - Jess (H of course.... hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog! I am glad you made it safely. keep the posts rollin:)

    Not to be a fun-killer, be careful when eating out. Even I got sick. My advice carry your own set of utensils.

    ReplyDelete