Sunday, July 1, 2012

Back to Africa

Matt and I moved into our new condo in Boston a few days ago, and I already have a suitcase at the door, ready to leave for Zambia in a few hours.  My life is feeling quite surreal these days.

I don't know how much time I'll have to blog about my experiences, but I'll try to keep up.  I actually anticipate that it will be difficult enough to find the time to eat, sleep, and maybe get a run or two in.  But I can't wait.  I almost feel high on the adrenaline of prepping for a 16 hour plane ride, exploring a new city, meeting new work colleagues, seeing how meaningful development economics research can be done...and all with a business card in my pocket that reads Dr. Johnson.

For the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.  I couldn't be happier...well, I'll be happier once Matt paints over the pastel pink paint in our office (formerly a sickeningly sweet nursery).  I'm thinking black ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment